It’s hard to believe I made it–but I did!
Full disclosure: It took me MORE than 31 days to complete this challenge. The truth is, I got veeeery side tracked and didn’t write for months. Shameful, I know.
But, I’ve made it to 31 days and here are a few things I’ve learned in the process:
- Blogging is hard! It’s so much more than typing out the thoughts that come into your head. Having the prompts definitely helped but even then there were certain pieces I was hesitant or just flat out afraid to write!
- Procrastination is not bad. Because I had no real deadlines, it was okay to leave some posts in the “Draft Box” until I was ready to finish and/or publish them.
- I matter. At least to a few good friends and family members. I’m not going to lie, it did feel good to get some positive feedback from people who actually read what I wrote.
- I don’t matter. At the same time it was nice not to have so much exposure because I do still have a lot of insecurities about my writing and my voice.
- I’m not going to be a professional blogger. At this point there are so many players in the game and let’s face it, it’s just too damned time consuming! I’ll definitely continue blogging for my own personal benefit, but as for monetizing it? Forget it.
- I’m grateful. For completing the challenge, and I know my future self will thank me for doing this.
So what’s next?????
While I can’t promise to write every single day, it is my goal to write as much as possible. Also, I have an even bigger, life changing challenge coming up which I’ll share very very SOON!
Happy first day of October, my favoritest month of the year!